This Exists: Have you ever been listening to a normal song and thought, “I really wish this normal song had 280 million notes and took up 1.1 terabytes of data and was literally unplayable on any computer?” Of course, you’re only human. Black MIDI is the hypnotic madness you’ve been craving.
Black MIDI is a sequenced MIDI file so dense with notes, it literally just appears to be jet black.
- This Exists — Digging up the pop culture peculiarities and nonsense that exists in the darkness on the edge of town.
- Rhizome: The Impossible Music of Black MIDI
- YouTube Poop — …does YTP ⋮ qualify as a “statement” of sorts? Is it a way to reclaim these pop culture symbols and create something that is truly our own? Or are they just the annoying byproduct of having video editing software and too much time on your hands?
- Mechanical techno demonstration — Made at Lime Wharf Machines Room as part of Rhythm & Drone Research & Development residency, September 2015
- The “millennial whoop” is taking over pop music — The same exact whooping, melodic sequence has been showing up in a surprisingly high number of recent pop songs